Tuesday, June 30, 2015

What the Book?! June 30, 2015

Call me a curious little cat, but I'm incredibly intrigued by low-rated books. There's something about them that drags me in and begs the question, "Is it really that bad?" This of course leads too, "If it's really THAT bad, who in the hell thought it was a good enough idea to help the author publish it because surely it took at least one other person's encouragement, support, or backing, RIGHT!?" We may never know for sure (you can probably google it with some authors and books, let's be real.)

This curiosity, though, has led me to start a blog series titled, "WHAT THE BOOK!?" in which I locate these poorly rated gems and give my reactions to their existence. Sometimes, I might even read them. WHO KNOWS!?

Read on for the very first title selection.



Birth Control Is Sinful in the Christian Marriages and Also Robbing God of Priesthood Children!!
by Eliyzabeth Yanne Strong-Anderson

Goodreads Rating: Just shy of 2 stars
Amazon Rating: 3 stars

First impressions: The title may take as long to read as the book.

And then I read the summary. My heart demanded I get my hands on a copy. Let me give you a snippet of the 3-paragraph long summary (the last two paragraphs, in the author's defense, being partially Bible quotes. I think. It's hard to tell.)

Summary excerpt: "This is a Holy Spirit Manuscript book: when you buy this book you will be reading a Holy Spirit directed book from God & Christ Jesus. THIS BOOK IS GODS HOLYSPIRIT VOICE: THE CALL FOR ALL CHRISTIANS & CHURCHES TO REPENT FROM ALL THEIR SINS: EVEN FROM FALSE CHRIST TEACHINGS. BIRTH CONTROL SINS HAVE CURSE THE CHURCH WITH SPIRITUAL WHOREDOM & FALSE WORSHIP. "

Please note, that is an excerpt of the summary. Which continues on in all caps and a format that would make APA and MLA throw themselves off a bridge into a den of starved alligators that breathe fire and live in a black tar swamp through which nothing but themselves can move or navigate. The excerpt alone is a gold mine.

I'm completely enamored, especially looking at the cover page (you can see it at the link) which is incredibly wonderful. This, my friends, is a high quality project. Don't believe me? Check out it's $140 price tag. That's right. THIS GEM WILL ONLY SET YOU BACK A MERE ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY DOLLARS!!

So if you purchase, please don't forget to grab me a copy too. I'll totally pay you back. Totes.

No comments: